Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Week #1

In order to strengthen myself as a good person, I want to be able to first strengthen these three virtues I find that I lack in:

Excellence is when you dedicate yourself to be better than the day before, whether with personal goals or with the people around you. This virtue is something I want to work on because I’m the type of person who says “good enough” and doesn’t try to do it better either because of frustration, laziness, or because I don’t care. This habit of saying “good enough” isn’t something I consider very good because I know for a fact that if I tried and really put myself out there, I can do better. In order to practice this habit, I want to reorganize my time and dedicate enough time to each thing I need to do. That is, I want to be ahead of my things so that I have time to revise them and make them better. I want to reflect on what I did the day before so I can learn from my mistakes and do it better next time. To put it short, my exact plan is that I want to make an agenda of sorts or a diary, and create this checklist where I can review my day and think about how I can improve the next time.

➤Courage is when you can suck it up and get yourself out there. What this means is that when you have courage, you’re able to accomplish things in life that if you were shy or scared, you wouldn’t have been able to do. This does not mean to jump off a cliff or something because you want to face your faces. It means having confidence in yourself so that you can get things done. I often find myself unable to talk to people because I’m afraid of not knowing what to say or if what I say is rude or somehow offending. I want to be able to practice the social aspect of courage as well as the inner-self aspect of it. I love a great many things and I find joy in those things but I never have the confidence or courage to do them comfortably. In order to be courageous, I want to use every opportunity I can find to either be able to talk to someone I don’t normally talk to. I want to do the things I love, talk about the things I love, without having fear of being judged. Because there are many new people in high school, I want to find the courage to talk to them and make possible friends.

➤Tenacity is when you never give up, whether on someone or something. It’s when you keep going when life gets tough, when you keep driving even though the road is bumpy. This virtue is very important when in regards to my personal mental health. Admittedly, I am very pessimistic and I know that’s not something I should be but things just happen sometimes. I give up very easily when I can’t do something on the first try or if it takes a long time for me to do said thing. This pessimistic attitude on life is both bad for me and the people I love because it can pass onto them. After all, you treat others as you would treat yourself, and if you treat yourself badly, you treat others badly. Therefore, I plan to put reminders in my room so that I remember never to give up. I will try my best to catch myself whenever I find myself trying to give up. I will communicate with my friends so that they can motivate me. I will list reasons why I shouldn’t give up and what happens if I do, and I will put it up my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment