Thursday, September 6, 2018

Week #2

I'm going to be quite honest: I did not necessarily practice any of my aforementioned virtues. However, I do have a little story that I think is helpful and relates a lot to one of the virtues I want to work on: courage.

So, if you may not know, I am in the Debate team. The thing is that all the freshmen had to fight for their spots on the team because there were so many people and they couldn't have so many. So, they made us prove our worth by doing the MUN (Model United Nations) work we normally would do in a month but we had to do in about 4-5 days. Long story short, I did not do the very best in one part of that assignment because I had given up, I had lost my tenacity. I knew it did that part horribly but at the time, I only wanted to submit something

I did very well on the other parts, however, and got in. But my mother had recommended that I ask the teacher what I did wrong and how to improve upon it.

I didn't ask. That was two weeks ago. 

Then, today, as we left from a Debate parent meeting, my parents told me of how a friend of mine had thought of the same thing-- to ask the teacher about the assignment what he did wrong. The difference is that he had to gut to ask, he had the courage I didn't have. I admire that very much. 

So why am I saying this? Because don't do what I did and shy away. Get out there and show the world exactly who you are. Don't be afraid. 

Because if you're shy, or timid, or scared, life will pass you by. You need to take the chance when your given the opportunity. Stand your ground. 

And this is exactly what I intend to do from now on. That's how I'll find my courage


No comments:

Post a Comment