Friday, September 14, 2018

Week #3

Ask anyone who knows me. Go ahead, go ask anyone who hangs out with me. Go and ask them what I bother them the most with. They'll probably respond with musicals. Or they'll respond with YouTube and that's what I want to talk about right now.


Related imageSpecifically about Jacksepticeye: if you don't know him, he's loud, Irish, and extremely genuine and caring. Last year, 2017, was a horrible year for him mentally. You know what he did? He started a whole movement this year called Positive Mental Attitude (PMA). If you haven't figured it out yet, I'd say my hardest virtue to practice is courage. (I think I mentioned that last week.) I'm usually a very shy person, very humble and okay with just about anything, whether I go last or if I go first in something, or if I'm assigned to a group with people I don't normally work or not. It doesn't matter all that much. I think I need to change that. 
But anyways, to my main point: I really like YouTube. I'm not talking about vloggers or the typical things people associate YT with. I'm talking about the small part of YouTube that's full of genuine creators, people like Jacksepticeye or Markiplier or Thomas Sanders. I'm in love with the stories they've created and the characters they've made. I'm a sucker for good things like that.



It's inspired 20 million people and even more. Recently, he came out with merch for this movement, to spread the message of healthy mental states. I, in love with the message, really wanted a pin for it (the hoodie was too expensive :I) but my parents absolutely hate YT. I was scared to even talk about what I like to them. They always seem to judge me.

Yesterday, I took a deep breath and I asked my mother if I could buy one of the pins. I explained to her about PMA, really hoping she won't try to shoot me down, and surprise! She really like the idea of it and told me that if it doesn't cost too much, I can buy the pin for my birthday (a gift from myself to myself lol). I opened up more about Jack and she seemed to like him, especially when I mentioned all the charity work he does.

I know gaining courage is gonna be a long process, but ya know what? I'm ready for it.

Image result for jacksepticeye pma

No comments:

Post a Comment